Monday, March 4, 2013

Thing #13

Zoho Docs is a pretty cool website. I like that it gives you more options in spicing up your text and so on. It even allows for whatever you write to be edited by others and will let you know if something was revised by someone else. Like if you shared a word processed document or a spreadsheet of some sorts it will let others make corrections and give you advice on what to say in your, for lack of a better option, a lesson plan or something. Meaning that your fellow teachers could let you know if they have tried what you are planning to do and can tell you what they thought worked better for them. Or maybe even just comment on it and say that they never thought of that and want to give it a shot themselves. I also liked the concept of using the Zoho Show. I thought that was a pretty niffty, yes I said niffty, feature. After clicking the tab it provided a short film telling us what we can do to share your presentations, how to fix it or make it stand out.
In the Google Docs I was exploring around and I actually found an old document I did in high school that I shared with a friend. We were working on a project and we needed to send documents back and forth to each other. So my friend had sent me the document and I had no idea how to get to it--I needed this document (high school days) about six years ago. But it all worked out in the end. I think that it was cool that you could also have someone else edit your work. Like at the top of the page it next to the "Edit" option it said, "last edited was made 6 minutes ago by greeneyesHEK". Granted that was myself that had "edited it".  I tried messing around with the document and it wasn't as easy to work with as it was on Zoho Docs. However, I like that you could make a quiz or something and you could possibly have your students create a test of an assigned book they read or from a chapter in a text. Then have other students take the test and then create a spreadsheet from the results of their "quiz". 

No comments:

Post a Comment