Monday, February 18, 2013

Thing #2

Okay, I like to consider myself technologically savvy but creating my blog was no walk in the park for me. Lord knows why that was the case, it's just how it turned out. The hardest part for me was finally figuring out how to get my little DoppleMe avatar thing to finally cooperate. That was the most difficult part, and after I finally figured it out I felt so stupid afterwards. I kept signing up to make the darn thing, but I was unaware of the fact that it gave me a password. I thought you just created one and were done. Like you could just save it and that was that. Nope...once I finally figured out that I had to use the password they gave me it was smoother sailing from there. Then I just needed to figure out how to use it for my blog profile picture. I made that part harder for myself than it needed to be. Well obviously I finally figured it out or else you would be seeing the standard image given to any new profile member. I like to think that my avatar represents me in some sort of way. Granted the DoppleMe website only gives you so much to work with so it is not a complete replica per se...The hair and eyes are fairly accurate, and I guess the expression works. Though generally when most people see me they say I look tired and I've been told angry. They also say this while it's in the morning and I don't consider myself to be much of a morning person. Yet I didn't feel like using the angry face because who would want to read the blog of an angry person...well I guess someone would because people tend to find peoples' rants to be pretty hilarious, myself included.
The most blogging I've ever done is just via Facebook. But I guess that doesn't meet the standard requirements of a basic blog. Or does it? I mean I get to write basically whatever I want to and people can comment on it. So I guess I've had more blogging experience than I thought.
I like to consider myself to be an avid reader. Reading is my obsession. The only thing I really got in trouble for at school was reading in class. I just couldn't help myself. It's always so hard for me to stop in the middle of what I was reading because I have to know what happens next to the characters. The only way my parents could punish me growing up was to take away my books. Oh the horror! I would always be on my best behavior when that happens because I would start to have withdraws from not reading every day. Yet for some reason, as much as I love to read, I hated having to do assigned readings. Like any book I was giving it was a struggle for me to read. I guess because it was something I wouldn't generally pick out for myself to read in my spare time so I saw it as a form of torture to have to be made to read a book I didn't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment