Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thing #6

For this one we were suppose to select a site or tool and explore it. I chose Popset (http://www.popset.com//) because, to put it mildly, I am obsessed with taking photos. On my Facebook page I know I just annoy everyone who has the misfortune to decide to friend me on there because I just know that I have got to be annoying them with all the photos I take. Mainly they are what are called "selfies" because I like to post pictures of my physical progress in my weight loss. I've been working at it for years. Also I like to look at everyone else's photos. It's cool how I am able to keep up to date with what everyone is doing, even those I haven't seen in years. That's why I chose Popset because it enables me to fuel my obsession. The only way I was able to fully experience it was to download the app. What was cool is that it was free which is hard to find for really awesome photo apps. I've tried it out a few times. The filters you get to select are nice and not seen very often. I'm not a big fan of the fact you can't really adjust how much of the filter you can use or not. At the top of the post is obviously a screen caption of the app. You are given the option of posting it to Facebook or share it to another website. I like that you can write a caption if you would like. It's a lot like Instagram but a whole lot easier to use. I'm guessing since it is meant to be used by either an iPhone 4 or 5 so it tends to be a little bit slower on my iPhone 3Gs. Regardless I like the app and was happy that I found it. However, I do not necessarily see how this app could be used for a school setting. Possibly the students could be sent on a hunt for certain items that are related to what they are going over in class. For example, they are studying plants in science and the teacher tells them to go out and find the ones on the list. Then ask for them to post it so that their teacher and fellow students could see with a brief description or an interesting fact on the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment